Unbranded Hotels and Boutique Hotels
Whether a small new build budget hotel or refurbishment of former warehouse into a five-star resort, it is paramount to the commercial success of any hotel to create a quiet and tranquil place to sleep. The design aspiration of bedrooms for sleep or study have to sit comfortably with such spaces as restaurants, bar and gyms where music and higher levels of background noise are desired. Other spaces may include smaller private dining rooms, meeting rooms and conference suites where greater levels of privacy and speech intelligibility are required. Regardless of the size of the hotel internal and external noise has to be considered at the design stage so that patrons enjoy the hotel but local residents have no cause to object to issues such as excessive plant noise or music noise egress.
We can help you meet the requirements of both the Building Regulations 2010 and client specifications. Typically, this means:
- Reviewing acoustic reports done for the planning stage or provide noise and vibration criteria at an early stage to inform the planning application and the design of the hotel.
- Review proposed façade strategy (glazing and ventilation) to meet internal noise targets typically based on BS8233:2014 or WHO Guidelines 1999 and later WHO Night Noise Guidelines.
- Provide outline design advice for existing or proposed separating walls and floors.
- Provide full review of detail drawings to maintain acoustic integrity of constructions.
- Specific assessments for successful application of BREEAM credits.
- Acoustic-commissioning tests to include overnight noise measurements and ANC accredited sound insulation testing.
Meeting noise and vibration targets is not just a matter of design pride it is a matter of cost. Overlooking specific acoustic brand manual requirements can mean handover is delayed or commissioning does not offer the results sought. This is why you need an acoustic consultancy widely experienced in hotel acoustics. Environoise Consulting Ltd. is proud to include the following brands in our portfolio across the UK and Channel Islands.
Citizen M; Garden Inn by Hilton; Hampton by Hilton; Premier Inn; Travelodge, Days Inn; Z hotels; Hotel Indigo; Park Royal; Center Parcs; Holiday Inn Express; IBIS; MacDonald and Hoxton.
Whether new build or ‘Change of Use,’ branded hotels tend to have rigorous standards that consider everything from music transfer within the hotel to noise from footfall in corridor areas. If desired, we can propose acoustic criteria for a new brand. Given our level of experience of British standards, international guidance and large number of hotel projects we are the ideal consultants to help provide the optimum hotel acoustics.